Sixteen oil and gas companies are set to maximise a new era in India’s energy industry, the third largest consumer of crude oil and petroleum products in the world in 2014 and projected to increase by 4-5 per cent per annum.
In May, 69 small and marginal field development opportunities were announced. In addition, 15,000 kilometres of additional gas pipelines are planned and exploration and production opportunities in unconventional oil and gas are emerging.
Responding to these opportunities and a visit to Aberdeen from India’s Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan in September, Scottish Development International, the Scottish Government’s international arm, is hosting a visit of 16 Scottish supply chain companies to India centring around the Petrotech 2016 International oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition running from 5 to 7 December.
International sector head for oil and gas at Scottish Enterprise, David Rennie, said: “Scotland is recognised globally for its oil and gas skills and expertise. It accounts for around 30 per cent of the global subsea market with approximately 70 per cent of current subsea infrastructure design engineered in Scotland. We are perfectly placed to support India’s oil and gas ambition and look forward to both cementing existing relationships and exploring new ones during this visit.”
Today’s announcement coincides with an event organised by Scottish Enterprise this week to highlight the breadth of support it can offer oil and gas companies to help them sustain and grow during the current downturn. Back to Black – Scottish Enterprise’s Roadmap to Success event will highlight the range of support the economic development agency can offer companies, including:
- strategically growing your business
- improving your operating efficiencies and cost reduction
- development new products or services
- exporting/international support
David Rennie added: “We have been working hard over the last two years to ensure the oil and gas sector is well equipped to respond to the current challenging environment during which time we’ve supported over 700 companies in areas such as internationalisation, business resilience, innovation and leadership. However we want to engage with even more companies and so this one day event aims to address this by setting out the full breadth of our potential support to the sector.
“The sector continues to go through a very difficult period and sadly many jobs have been lost, but with our support and that of the Energy Jobs Taskforce, we aim to help companies come out of the downturn even stronger and more resilient than before.”
Back to Black – Scottish Enterprise Roadmap to Success event takes place on Friday 2 December at Aker Solutions offices in Aberdeen from 9am to 3pm. Open to all oil and gas companies, this free event is especially aimed at those which do not already have a strategic relationship with Scottish Enterprise and are ambitious to grow their turnover by at least £1 million within a three year timeframe. To find out more or sign up for the event visit www.scottish-enterprise.com/backtoblack
Notes to editor
Companies participating in the mission:
- Enkelt Limited is an innovative asset performance management and software consultancy. Established in 2005, the company is based in Scotland and operates worldwide. Their services are a powerful hybrid of performance improvement SaaS solutions, mobile technology and consulting expertise aimed at equipment intensive assets and complex infrastructure. (enkelt.co.uk)
- Corex Limited provides specialist services primarily in the analysis of geological samples for the oil and gas industry. It was established in the early 1970’s and over the last 35 years has become established as one of the world’s leading Core Analysis providers offering services to the leading oil companies worldwide in the area of Routine Core Analysis, Special Core Analysis, PVT, NMR, Formation Damage Analysis, Enhanced Oil Recovery and Reservoir Geology. (corex.co.uk)
- Global SCS is part of the highly successful Global Energy Group. An award-winning worldwide energy sector service & consultancy company prides itself on delivering enhanced value, risk mitigation and offering innovative solutions to various markets including Oil and Gas, Marine, Renewables, Pharmaceutical, Engineering and Nuclear. (global-scs.com)
- Hardy Oil and Gas plc is an upstream oil and gas company focused in India. Its portfolio includes a blend of appraisal and development assets. Hardy’s goal is to evaluate and exploit its asset base with a view to creating signification value for its shareholders. Hardy is incorporated under the law of the Isle of Man and headquartered in Aberdeen, UK. (hardyoil.com)
- SeaCaptaur Limited was originally founded by the engineering entrepreneurs responsible for creating Matrix Composites & Engineering and earlier still, Seapole Systems (offshore monopole production platforms) a ubiquitous feature of shallow offshore production facilities on the North West Shelf of Australia. SeaCaptaur has conceived, designed, patented offshore oil production facilities and has developed a ground breaking commercial model which will see its technology capable of the exploitation of scores and possibly hundreds of small offshore oilfields worldwide. (seacaptaur.com.au)
- Universal Pegasus services the upstream oil and gas industry. They have a growing international portfolio and a proven track record in deepwater developments. They have a 50-year track record providing integrated strategic support to the energy challenges faced by our clients. (universalpegasus.com)
- Tendeka Limited is a leading provider of lower completions systems and services to the upstream oil and gas industry. Tendeka have improved how today’s completions perform by combining field proven production technologies. They have built inflow control directly into sand control completions. (tendeka.com)
- The Institute of Petroleum Engineering– Heriot-Watt University has a long history of working with Indian companies, institutions and individuals through directed research, degree programmes and professional training events. Their researchers have conducted extensive research in the areas of petroleum geoscience and engineering. (hw.ac.uk)
- The Robert Gordon University Over the past forty years RGU has built up strong associations with the oil and gas industry globally. We have an international reputation for delivering high quality education and research. RGU works with a range of partners in India on research collaboration and skills development. Drawing on our broad expertise and strong links with the oil and gas industry we have developed an extensive portfolio of energy related courses, many of which are professionally accredited. The applied nature of our degrees is reflected in an over 96.5% graduate employment rate over 5 subsequent years. (rgu.ac.uk/ogi)
- Forth Valley College is a leading provider of further and higher education offering a wide range of courses and training opportunities. Their dynamic provision ranges from access to degree level and includes full-time and part-time courses, evening classes, flexible and on line learning, vocational qualifications and business training courses.(forthvalley.ac.uk)
- Dundee & Angus College is a leading Further Education College based in Scotland’s Tayside, serves 16,000 learners and employs 900 staff. With respect to the Oil and Gas Industry they provide industry qualifications such as ECITB, SEMTA, EAL, City and Guilds, SQA etc and have solid partnerships with leading edge global companies who help shape the curriculum these include; Wood Group PSN, Halliburton’s, Petrofac, Aker Solutions and Zurich Insurance. (dundeeandangus.ac.uk)
- Reactive Downhole Tools are a well-established provider of high performance swellable rubber technology. By building on their past success and continually and strategically investing in their facilities and infrastructure, they have evolved to offer bespoke open, or cased hole completion systems. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The University of Aberdeen ranked among the world’s top 1% is a world leading research intensive University with a strong tradition of excellence in teaching and research. The University is in the Top 40 World’s most International Universities 2016 by Times HE World University Rankings. The University is home to the Aberdeen Institute of Energy, a pioneer in Energy education globally and leading research centres in ‘Centre for Energy Law’, Engineering, Geosciences and Computing. (abdn.ac.uk)
- Mooring Systems Ltd. provides mooring systems, spooler rental and engineering services to the offshore industry. The company is the patent holder for the Tri-Catenary mooring system, TCMS®, a flexible and effective station-keeping and production system for mooring FPSO vessels and floating storage tankers in marginal fields (http://www.mooringsystemsltd.com/)
- Santane Limited is an independent Technical Consulting & Services Company. Its core expertise is providing engineering services and technical solutions to a variety of industrial sectors including Marine, Oil and Gas, Power and Renewables. It also provide specialist resourcing and recruitment solutions.(santane.co.uk)
- Burness Paull LLP is one of Scotland’s biggest indigenous commercial law firms. It specialises in oil and gas with over 50 experienced specialists in its Aberdeen office. It is based in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, and advises clients across Scotland, the UK and internationally. (burnesspaull.com)